Monday, March 31, 2014

Memory in the Making*

As I ponder o'er the day
In the stillness of the evening
My thoughts keep going back
To the sadness of your leaving
A bittersweet sad longing
In the quiet of the evening

This melancholy mood I'm in
Is one of my own making
I roll it over in my mind
A memory for the taking
A bittersweet and melancholy
Memory in the making

Some strange need inside of me
Keeps clinging to this lonely mood
As if clinging to these feelings
Keeps me closer still to you
These sweetly sad and forlorn longings
Keep me near and dear to you

And so, I shall push back the night
I'll fight the sleep that dims my mind
To savor every moment spent
Reliving moments caught in time
The sweet and cherished moments spent
The memories that ease my mind

No comments:

Post a Comment