Monday, September 22, 2014

Consequences

I'm hiding
Oh, I look the same
I appear to be here
Going on with daily living
as we do every day
but inside of me I am hiding
Hiding my emotions away
Nothing will hurt me today

I'm hiding
the pain that's stealing my breath
So, you'd never guess
the concentration it takes
to put on this show
So no one suspects
How shaken I'm feeling
So no one will know
My senses still reeling

I'm afraid and I'm angry
and feeling ashamed
I'm not more supportive
I know you're in pain
I know you can't stop this
I know it's not you
But the things you are doing
What you're putting us through
It's breaking our hearts
and it's breaking you, too

What were you thinking
Were you thinking at all
These are the questions
that run through my head
When I think how you thought
You'd be better off dead
Put an end to your misery
And ours just begins
If you had succeeded
then none of us wins

I know that I'm selfish
I still want you near
Please try to stay with us
We all want you here
There are consequences
to every act
Please
I don't want to bury you

No comments:

Post a Comment