Thursday, September 18, 2014

Solitary Man

He's a solitary man
Surrounded by loved ones and laughter
By friends who adore him and more
By people who like and respect him
Unable to trust in his own worth
He's frightened right down to his core

He knows that his secrets are many
And feels he has done far too wrong
He thinks if they knew of his failings
They all would soon head out the door
He's frightened right down to his core

He can't see we all are frightened
That we all hold secrets within
Our failings and flaws don't unmake us
And loving of others can't break us
We understand he isn't perfect
Except that he is, don't you see
As perfectly imperfect as all are
He truly is perfect to me

I am taking this chance now to tell him
I love him because of his flaws
He is who he is, as he should be
Imperfect and perfect and more
I care not a bit for his secrets
I'll never head out of that door
I love him right down to his core

No comments:

Post a Comment