Sunday, November 2, 2014

Choices

I know you said you were going
I thought that I knew what that meant
I thought that you were being heroic
and I thought there was time to be spent
I didn't know then what you meant
I only just got what you meant

The last time we talked was so easy
Grim reaper and time had no say
you told me you had it all figured
and you now saw clearly your way
A way to spend every last day
I didn't know this was your way

Now all that I knew is in tatters
Our plans have no substance, they're gone
My hands held before me are empty
I have no way left to hold on
Each dream I held close is now gone
No life shared with you, it's all gone

Nothing is as I had planned it
The world is now barren and dry
all dreams run like paint in a rainstorm
The only thing left is goodbye
I don't think our love was a lie
Yet, all I have left is goodbye

No comments:

Post a Comment