Friday, December 5, 2014

Oh, I Remember

He stood alone among the crowd
Or so it seemed to me
A careless carefree attitude
Aloof, alluring pensive mood
Creating reserved solitude
or so it seemed to me

I worked to keep him in my view
To garner any telltale sign
of if he was here alone
A profile fit for chiseled stone
Perfection of mere skin and bone
In every sculptured line

My fascination knew no bounds
I stumbled round the growing throng
Unsure of what I hoped to gain
If I could even learn his name
Would fascination still remain
or would it all go wrong

So close I now can hear him speak
His voice is low, yet firm and strong
I search for something smart to say
Before he can wander away
And take the sunlight from my day
I must not wait too long

I hurry forward head held high
I raise my voice in salutation
My eyes are on the final prize
and so miss what before me lies
A table laden with assorted pies
My public humiliation

And so would come an end it seems
To my infatuation
Except to say this man of means
Turned out to be the man
of my dreams
as I sat amid assorted creams
He rose to the occasion

No comments:

Post a Comment