Saturday, February 7, 2015

To Life

Through all that life has brought to me
the difficult and cruel
the endless tears for untold wounds
of countless lies and fickle youth
the things that I cannot change
these tragedies remain

yet, what I find most fascinates
what occupies my waking
thoughts
is not that life has dealt me wrong
or that I suffer more than most
it's that with all the counted tears
Life still brings such great  joy
and I am sane and strong

I find that I am easily
mystified by life and love
each loss of immeasurable pain
is balanced by delightful gain
so that I know by holding fast
the light I seek shall show itself
and treasures unbeknownst before
reveal themselves at last

And so I weep and moan and cry
when life so fragile takes its toll
and takes away some treasure mine
no measure of fairness found
Yet, still and all it passes on
And I rejoice at loves sheer pleasure
and know, with each sad, broken treasure
I drank deeply the sweet wine

No comments:

Post a Comment