Thursday, April 24, 2014

Running in Place*

I cannot get over
Though time keeps on passing
And life keeps progressing
And I keep on dancing
It's never so carefree
As young girls who are free
They never quite are free
They never can be me
I can't seem to get free

I keep on returning
To heart wrenching love lost
A loss I did not cause
Can't seem to get free of
Pain ties me with my love
Love binds me to this loss
Lost years and I'm still tied
Such pain cannot be denied

She's forever just out of reach
Beyond my sad memory's grasp
I keep searching and reaching
For a way to hold on
But she's gone and she's gone
Can't change all the tears cried
How I long for the better times
Carefree times before she died

How I search for the answers
To help me to say goodbye
Like why did she have to die
Why I still cry
Can't say goodbye
To sweet butterfly girl
Fragile girl gone too soon
Don't care if butterflies are free
It's just not enough for me
Don't think it can ever be
I may never be set free

No comments:

Post a Comment