Friday, April 11, 2014

Whats it all about?*

Although I have authored all of the poems here, even I have favorites.  Some speak louder than others.  The meter or rhythm suit me better.  Some wrote themselves, sometimes so quickly I could barely write fast enough to capture them.  One that I felt was perfect managed to get deleted twice before it was saved in its final form.  Some stand exactly as they arrived while others have been tweaked and edited.  Some I love, many are barely adequate.  But they all meant something to me when they appeared.

A friend asked if I thought I might be an avatar for some long dead poet because the poems were coming so fast and complete.  My answer was and is, no.  These are mine, my pain, my grief, my joy, my comfort.  My therapy.

I hope they connect with you.  I have many more to post and will continue adding them weekly.  I must admit, I haven't posted my own favorites yet.   I would love to hear which poem strikes a chord with you.  I find it fascinating.  Thank you for letting me share my passion.  It means the world to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment