Friday, August 22, 2014

Restless Sleep

This poem was inspired by a creepy picture of a pig smiling with human teeth that Rusty Rhymes posted.

I had the strangest dream last night
A dream you won't believe
It woke me in the strangest way
The subject ill conceived

I can't think why I dreamt this dream
Was it something that I ate
I did have some leftover fish
And I did eat rather late

But that is neither here nor there
I'm wandering off course
This dream it started fairly sane
I was riding a pink horse

Now that could seem quite odd to some
But, again, it's not that strange
Except to say there was a yacht
Out on the open range

I don't recall the entire dream
You know how dreams can be
The part I clearly do recall
Was a pig up in a tree

Now, after all the other stuff
I have mentioned came before
This may seem not so curious
As yacht or a pink horse

But, here it is, the very thing
That pulled me from my sleep
That pig was smiling a creepy smile
And holding a dead sheep

No comments:

Post a Comment