Saturday, March 14, 2015

Hollow

I thought I was dreaming
I was sure I was sleeping
when I heard you so softly
your whisper a breath
surrounding my ear
enveloping my being
with whispers caressing
my soul into waking

As I began stirring
your arms pulled me closer
your touch softly soothing
my innermost questions
until I lay quiet
no longer resisting
my breathing now even
limbs no longer quaking

I must have been dreaming
I was sure I was sleeping
for I thought that I felt you
and heard your soft breathing
it was ever so soothing
this gentle caressing
with words soft and loving
my heart was not breaking

Please let me keep dreaming
don't let me be waking
to memories past viewing
of love beyond loving
of caring, sweet caring
For life with you absent
brings tears upon waking
a heart that is breaking
soul broken and aching

No comments:

Post a Comment