Friday, December 4, 2015

A toast to Good Friends

When the day has run its pattern
When all the chaos quiets down
And all the turmoil settles 'round me
I take the time to look around
And wonder at the life I've found

Each moment that is filled with laughter
For every tear that I have cried
For all the grace that has come after
And all the wishes long denied
I'm grateful you are by my side

For evenings spent in deep discussion
Whispered secrets shared with smiles
The closeness of our special friendship
Makes small the heartaches and the trials
Across the years and all the miles

So, in the quiet of the evening
When everyone has gone to bed
I sit alone and think about you
All the smiles and tears we've shed
And revel in this life we've led
So thankful for the life I've led

No comments:

Post a Comment