Monday, December 14, 2015

Contemplation

It seems the world I know has gone to sleep
Slipped quietly away while I was thinking
And when I turned around to re engage
My dreams and world had quickly moved along
 Now, I am left to gaze and wonder why
A player left upon an empty stage
No one around to listen to my song

I must admit to wondering now and then
If everything I value were all gone
Would I begin to question who I am
Could I muster my faith and still be strong
Or would my strength and fragile faith be gone
As fleeting as an angry summer storm
Oh, could I find the strength to carry on

These questions plague my waking and my dreams
Perplexing thoughts that somehow I won't know
How best to live this life that I so love
This aching fear of failure haunts me so
That sometimes I withdraw and search within
In hope the answers deep within me lie
And finding them will be my final task
So I may be at peace before I die

No comments:

Post a Comment